According to USDA statistics data, in the season-2016/17 the volume of global trade with grains will total 337.4 mln tonnes, an increase of 6 mln tonnes compared with the season-2015/16, but down 3.7% (13 mln tonnes) compared with 2014/15 MY.
At the same time, it is expected that in the new season the volumes of global trade with grain by-products, in particular wheat flour, will overcome the record index of the previous season.
Trading rates with soft wheat flour will continue developing for the third season in a row. According to the International Grains Council (IGS), in the new season the trading volumes will reach 15.05 mln tonnes in grain equivalent, up 0.04 mln tonnes compared with the previous season, and up 0.797 mln tonnes compared with the season-2014/15.
However, we should note the positive dynamics of flour exports from Ukraine. Generally, in 2015/16 MY the export volumes of Ukrainian flour totaled nearly 340 thsd tonnes, up 80 thsd tonnes compared with the previous MY (260 thsd tonnes). It is expected that in the new season-2016/17 flour exports will break the record and reach 370 thsd tonnes, and some market participants even estimate the index at 400 thsd tonnes.
In terms of the export market growth, it is worth noting the negative dynamics in production of flour and groats in Ukraine. Thus, the production volumes of flour reduced by 10% - from 2.243 mln tonnes in 2014, to 2.014 mln tonnes in 2015.
And the production of groats declined from 320.4 thsd tonnes in 2014, to 299.4 thsd tonnes in 2015, while the exports fell by 38% - from 96 thsd tonnes in 2014, to 59.5 thsd tonnes in 2015.
Therefore, the production and exports of grain milling products will become the engine of grain processing industry in Ukraine. While considering the strategic importance of the milling market, the Association "Millers of Ukraine" and the magazine "Grain storage and processing" under support of the FAO and EBRD, announce the II international conference "Grain Processors Forum: Market & Technologies - 2016". The event takes place in Odessa, Hotel "Black Sea", Shevchenko Park, on September 22-23.
Key topics of the Forum:
- Short- and long-term prospects for the global trading with grains and its by-products
- Development of the grain processing industry in Ukraine in terms of the fall of production of major products
- Current challenges and requirements of the market to grain products
- Trends in the food processing industry: snacks, semi-finished products, baking mixes…
- Trade with grain by-products on foreign markets
- Modern technologies to develop new products of grain processing
- New technical and technological solutions for the grain processing industry
Within the event, the Forum participants to receive:
100+ ideas and valuable tips to develop their businesses
20+ reports from the leading experts in Ukraine and worldwide
3 workshops and master-classes
Possibility of visiting the exhibition of grain by-products
All terms and conditions for business communication
Conditions of participation in "Grain Processors Forum: Market & Technologies - 2016"
Registration fee for one participant* - 300 USD
* Price of participation is subject to variation
** Cost without bank charges
Registration fee includes:
- participation of one delegate in the conference work;
- receiving of all informational materials of the conference (conference catalogue during the conference, reports and presentations after the conference);
- placement of the company's business card in the conference catalogue;
- coffee-breaks, lunch.
Additional opportunities for participants:
- Participation as the conference sponsor
- Placement of advertisement in the conference catalogue
- PR-events before and during the work of the conference
- Providing of consulting services by the Agency's specialists during preparation to the event
System of discounts:
5% - if two or more participants are registered; and for subscribers of the informational-analytical issues of APK-Inform Agency.
The organizer does not provide accommodation services!
More detailed information concerning participation, sponsorship and making a presentation is provided by the organizational committee: